Thursday, November 6, 2008

Making Sense of a Asus EEE PC1000H Netbook Purchase

Looking at the myriad of netbooks available nowadays, I start to become attracted to having a small portable albeit low functionality laptop by my side when outside my studio room & the house. Sure, at the very least, I will have the ability to surf the internet & sync the netbook with my Bluetooth gadgets. Netbooks like the Asus EEE PC1000H (USD$>450) have wireless b/g/n & Bluetooth connectivity. Another contender that can be seen on the netbook horizon nowadays is the Acer One (the cheapest netbook in the market ATM: USD$350 plus) & Lenovo IdeaPad S10 (about the same price as the above Asus model). For avid mobile internet surfers; having a netbook sure beats lugging about a few extra kilos of laptop equipment everyday.

Nowadays, netbooks are becoming more useful as the storage space becomes decent sized of 80GB plus. I am considering buying an Asus EEE PC1000H with windows XP. I could use the 80GB hard drive to as a backup hard drive for my pc, upgrade to 2GB memory, & chuck it into my backpack wherever I go to be constantly connected to the internet via wireless b/g/n, write some documents, read emails, blog, do some programming, & perhaps even attempt some basic photo editing! Yes, buying an Asus EEE PC1000H seems to make more sense to me now. Perhaps I will buy the Asus EEE PC1000HA because it is at a cheaper price (about USD $50 less) without the wireless N & Bluetooth but with 160GBof HDD space!


Some specifications of the ASUS Eee 1000H:

• Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz, 512KB cache)
• 1GB DDR2-400 SO-DIMM
• 80GB 5400RPM 2.5” SATA Hard Drive
• Intel GMA950 Integrated Graphics
• 10” WSVGA 1024x600 LED-backlit screen, 1.3MP webcam
• Windows XP Home (comes with ASUS recovery DVD)
• Atheros wireless 802.11b/g/n mini PCI-Express card, integrated Bluetooth 2.0
• 3 USB 2.0 ports, 10/100 ethernet jack, MMC/SD card reader, mic in, headphone out, VGA out, Kensington lock slot
• 6-cell 6600mAh battery (Asus claims 7.5hr. battery life)
• 1-year Global Hardware Warranty
• Dimensions: 10.5”x7.5”x1.5”, 3.2lbs. with battery
• Retail Price: $449 ($649 at launch)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey nice netbook i like to buy it one day

Abas KS said...

HI, Rajesh.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, the EEEpc1000 series is a better netbook than it's predecessors.

Happy week to you.

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock: