Monday, March 2, 2009

Experts Recommend RICE for Ankle Sprains

Among the common sports ailments that an athlete could experience is ankle injury. The most common of ankle injury is the inversion ankle sprain where the ankle rolls over to the outside. As a sports man, I had my share of ankle sprain like twice before; the first because I was too relaxed & forgot about my foot while the second incident was because I was running on uneven ground.

For ankle sprain treatment, health experts recommend following the R.I.C.E. principle.
R – Rest your ankle & don’t walk on it
I – Ice helps keep the swelling down; 20 minutes less with several sessions per day
C – Compressive bandages like using an ankle brace to help support the injured ankle
E – Elevate the ankle above heart level as much as possible for 48 hours

No comments:

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock: