Friday, December 14, 2007

Linking to High PR Blogs

"I might as well find all the blogs with the highest PR and just link them to my page so that my PR will go up" pamsong

One of my online acquaintances asked me about linking to high PR blogs as above. I guess it has got to do with the Google search algorithm & robots. Incoming & outgoing link is like a value of a blog, the sort of thing. PR 0 link is like low value. The high PR websites or blogs must link to your blog.

Then you see your blog's PR go up. The other way round (you link to high PR blogs), I read, used to be ok a few years ago but now, Google changed search algorithm to render them useless. You don't see my blogs giving free links to high PR blogs or websites. PhhBBt! :P Exchange links is ok.

2 comments:

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hello hello A.i.

Would that actually work?

Also I don't think it entirely true that if we link to them on our site, the states will jump faster.

But even if it did, you'd have to be rather pally with the high PR blogs to begin with. And not always they would link you.

Just a thought :)

Abas KS said...

Attn: aronil

Yes, usually site owners who know each other exchange links.

Still, you can try request for a link exchange from total strangers.

Nobody is going to receive the AIDS virus or anything like it. Lol :)

Also, Google looks at links that are relevant to your site.

For example, your site is about chicken farming & another site which is about rocket science links to your site...you know, it just won't work.

The link won't count to your PR.

Do you want to exchange links with one of my relevant sites? :)

My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock: